Wednesday, June 15

Word to your mother

I was all ready to give a huge rant about my boss (who is British (yes, I know I mentioned that before; I just felt it needed to be reiterated)) and how there's a difference between constructive criticism and condescension. However, I know that doing so would just get me more upset and cause me to say things that, well, I would mean. So, in lieu of said rant, here are some of my favorite words in the English language and their definitions (provided by various online dictionaries):
-"supraliminal": adj. existing above the threshold of consciousness
-"heretofore": adj. up to this time
-"extemporaneously": adv. carefully prepared but delivered without notes or text
-"religiosity": n. excessive or affected piety
-"rascality": n. the character or actions of a rascal; knavery
-"pedagoguery": n. a pedagogic establishment; the occupation of a pedagogue
-"vilify": v. to utter slanderous and abusive statements against
-"blitzkrieg": n. war conducted with great speed and force
-"demagoguery": n. impassioned appeals to the prejudices and emotions of the populace
And of course,
-"bastardize": v. to modify especially by introducing discordant or disparate elements

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Adam,

Nice word selections. Who knew the real meaning of demagoguery? My, my, I learn so much from knowing you. Sorry life is British hell; perhaps a new job will surface quickly, and I'm sure with my high words of praise on any recommendation call, you'll be a shoo in.
Also, the Tootsie Roll/pop commentary was hilarious; and if you want to know the truth, I'd have to rank Twix and Kit Kat as my highest candy favorites-- if it doesn't have chocolate, I'm not into it; and sadly, the Tootsie Roll texture just doesn't constitute chocolate to my taste buds.
Keep the hilarity coming.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home