Wednesday, June 8

A void of subjectless limbo

So here I sit, at my computer, realizing that I have nothing to write about today. And that sucks, too, because today was the day I told virtually everyone I know about my blog. What a good first impression, eh? Actually, the more I think about it, the more I realize I shouldn't worry: out of everybody I told, a very small percentage will actually read this and out of those, an even smaller percentage will read it today. So, thanks to the apathy and lethargy of the ones I love, most of them will never read this drek. Sweet.
However, I cannot bend over and give in to writer's block that quickly. So, in an attempt to thwart my foe, I shall recite my absolute favorite quote on the subject by Sir Winston Churchill:
"Writing is an adventure. To begin with, it is a toy and an amusement. Then it becomes a mistress; then it becomes a master; then it becomes a tyrant. The last phase is that just as you are about to be reconciled to your servitude, you kill the moster and fling him to the public."
Winston Churchill was the man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home