Saturday, June 4

One man's junk is another man's . . . junk

We had a garage sale today. By "we" I mean my family at home. Actually, by "we" I mean my parents took off for the day and left my and my brother to do the dirty work. Figures.
Not that I minded, though. Personally, I like haggling with people. It's kindof a game to see whose will is stronger: the buyer's or the seller's. Now, if the buyer would just take a moment to analyze the situation, the buyer would realize (at least, in the event of a garage sale) the seller has no use for the item and does not want it there at the end of the day. That's why it's sitting in the driveway. If people today had realized this, maybe they wouldn't've offered $10 for the 4 stoneware sunflower plates (c. 1974). Truth be told: if they would have asked, we probably would have given the plates to them.
Oh well: I guess if one group of people values 4 stoneware sunflower plates (c. 1974) at 10 bucks and another group values them at a quarter, clearly one of the groups is being had . . . I'll let you figure out which one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home